Thursday, November 8, 2012

Project 3 - Comments for Teachers #3

This week I was assigned to Mr. Joe Dale's blog. The post I was assigned to is entitled Let the Championships Begin. It is about the language Perfect World Championships. This is something that I have never heard of so I really enjoyed this post! I decided to go to the official website here. And then I found this video giving a quick overview on how the competition actually works!
Craig Smith (CEO) briefly explaining the World Championships
Anyways, this whole thing is pretty interesting. In Joe's blog, he says that there are over 100,000 students that participate from all over the world. And the best part is, it's all online. JOe also says that over 14 million questions were asked in 7 days in last years competition.
I left Mr. Dale a comment saying how I had never heard of such a competition until now. I let him know that I looked up information on it and told him how I loved how unique it was and thanked him for posting information about it!

Graham Davies
The next post of Mr. Jo Dale's blog I read was entitled Graham Davies R.I.P. Unfortunately this post is about the death and loss of the founder of eurocall. He lost his battle with Pseudomyxoma Peritonei (PMP), a type of cancer he was battling with for a while. This was someone that Joe Dale looked up to and was frequently in contact with asking for advice. He expresses his condolences to the family of Graham Davies and lets his readers know that if they would like to pay your respects, the Association for Language Learning has set up a tribute section on their facebook page.

I left a comment on this post expressing my condolences for his loss and everyone else's loss. I let Joe know that I did not have the pleasure of meeting or talking with Graham but that he sounded like a great man from the kind words he left about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment