Sunday, November 18, 2012

Blog Post # 12

 smart notebook icon
It's finally here, the chance where we get to make our own blog post assignment! I have been waiting for this ever since I found out that we had to do this. So here are the instructions as Dr. Strange might suggest them:

Blog Post Assignment 12
SMART Notebook activity
For this assignment you are to create your own SMART notebook activity that you might use in your future classroom. You are to create an activity that is in your area of specialty (math, history, elementary ed, special ed, etc). Then you are to film yourself demonstrating the activity. Post the video on Youtube and embed it into your blog
You may either create the activity using a SMART board in one of the classrooms or you may create it at home on your computer by downloading the SMART Notebook software

Download for Window users

For Mac users

You are going to need a Product Key to download this. You may either get it from me or any of the staff members. This key allows you to download it for free.

After downloading the software or before you go to a classroom to begin constructing an activity, I advise you to view these tutorials to help you better understand the SMART board.
Lesson Activity Toolkit Tutorial
Managing Pages Tutorial
Properties Tab Tutorial


Here is my example of the SMART Notebook Activity

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm. Maybe I'll make this Part 2 of the SMART board assignment. Or should I add a third part. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make it what ever part you want to, Dr. Strange! It could be good as a part two or a part three. I just think everyone should leave this class knowing how to create an interactive activity for their students. I never knew how many fun games and interactive tools the SMART notebook program had until I started fooling around with it.

    ReplyDelete